Monday 23 July 2012

Philippa Long at Wolf & Badger

My friend and fellow Dalston dweller, Philippa Long held her A/W 2012 launch last Thursday at Wolf & Badger in Notting Hill.  Her new collection is rich yet delicate and, thanks in part to the weather finally perking up, the party was great fun, too.




Pip (pictured among her guests in one of her pieces, top image) is completely committed, like me, to British manufacture and ethical processes. She's passionate about using high quality fabrics and finishes to create beautiful timeless designs.  She was born and brought up in West Sussex and studied fashion at the University of Brighton. She launched her eponymous label this year.


I asked Pip to give me a few words on the new collection and this is what she had to say:
"This season I have drawn my inspiration from traditional African wax prints, sourced from my local market in East London, and influenced by the shapes, folds and fabric combinations I've seen being compiled by the West Indian market goers.  With the colourful scenes of the market stalls in mind, I've created this Autumn Winter collection.


To find out more about Philippa you can visit her website here or see her pieces for yourself at Wolf & Badger on Ledbury Road in Notting Hill.

1 comment: