Friday 17 June 2011

Unravel: Knitwear in fashion

If only I could make it to Antwerp by 14th August - sadly I think it's unlikely, but I wish I could get over there to see Unravel: Knitwear in fashion, at MoMu. From what I've seen, it looks like an incredible exhibition showcasing some of the most avant garde talent in the industry. Knitwear pieces by Vivienne Westwood, Maison Martin Margiela, Sandra Backlund, Chanel and Mark Fast are all on show, from more classic styles to the most outrageous.

With the amount of work I have to do between now and the middle of August, I shall just have to settle for the exhibition catalogue, but if anyone has seen it, I'd love to hear what you think.

You can read an interview with some of the designers on the Dazed website.

[Images taken from Dazed Digital]

No comments:

Post a Comment