Friday 17 February 2012

Where it all began, part 3

When I was around 10 years old, my mum knitted herself a black mohair cardigan. She also made me a royal blue one but I hated wearing it because it was itchy (I was very fussy back then). But my mother's: I loved it then and I love it now. In fact I tried to steal it at the weekend but Mum decided all of a sudden that she might want to wear it again. Typical.

Anyway, there must have been something in the air during that visit, because when Mum went up to the loft to find something completely unrelated, she unearthed the pattern for it. I HAD to scan it and share it with you because it's so fabulously eighties, it is simply too good not to (see above, in all its glory). I also got a shot of me in the aforementioned cardigan that is sadly not in my possession (yet...). Needless to say, I will be making my own very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment